This one-day training will provide software developers the foundation needed for modernizing their code to take advantage of parallel architectures found in both the Intel® Xeon® processor and the Intel® Xeon Phi™ coprocessor.
The course contains materials and practical exercises appropriate for developers beginning their journey to parallel programming, as well as provides cutting-edge detail to HPC experts on the best practices for Intel's multi- and many-core architectures and software development tools.
For software engineers and architects, this training will cover:
- An overview of parallel programming frameworks and optimization guidelines for multi-core CPUs (Intel® Xeon®) and many-core coprocessors (Intel® Xeon Phi™)
- Discussions about three layers of parallelism: SIMD, Threads, Cluster environment
- Tips for quick porting/development of HPC software applications
- Real-life examples of code and optimization techniques
- Hardware solution and corresponding software implementations, APIs, and framework